8/28/10

My Lovely Indonesia

So you know that my favorite county is Indonesia, right?

Do you know where Indonesia is?

Indonesia is an archipelago in Southeast Asia consisting of 17,000 islands (6,000 inhabited) and straddling the equator. The largest islands are Sumatra, Java (the most populous), Bali, Kalimantan (Indonesia's part of Borneo), Sulawesi (Celebes), the Nusa Tenggara islands, the Moluccas Islands, and Irian Jaya (also called West Papua), the western part of New Guinea. Its neighbor to the north is Malaysia and to the east is Papua New Guinea.
Indonesia, part of the “ring of fire,” has the largest number of active volcanoes in the world. Earthquakes are frequent. Wallace's line, a zoological demarcation between Asian and Australian flora and fauna, divides Indonesia.

Now you know where it is. I can proudly say I'm an Indonesian because this country is amazing. Its population consisted of more than 197 million human. It also has a really cool physical creature. Indonesia has many high mountains, the highest of which are over 4000 metres. Many of them are active volcanoes. There are tropical rainforests and jungles, as well as swampy mangrove areas. Indonesia's most fertile land is on the island of Java.

I love how my country is a free country. By free, I mean every opinions are accepted. Our president, Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono, leads our country nicely. I guess he's a really great president becasue Indonesia now is better than before.
Talking about Indonesia, we can't take the topic off of food. I love Indonesian food! You won't find the best fried rice and soto ayam in the whole world! Indonesian food is the best because it's spicy and has lovely colors (such as gado-gado). I'm a practically vegan, so my favorite Indonesian food would be gado-gado too!

Another thing that I love from my country is the climate. Even sometimes its heat burns like hell, I'm glad that it doesn't have 4 season. Having 4 seasons sounds great though, but we will get difficulty when the season changes. For example, when you are going from fall to winter, you will need thicker clothes and better house structure (so when the snowstorm comes your house won't break apart). And I hate preparing too much stuffs. I like how my country's climate is nice when it rains.. Although at some place, floods may come, but I think that doesn't matter when you know how to take care of trashes and junks.

I live in Bali, one of the best island in Indonesia. Bali is like a second Hawaii, because of its beaches and climate. Also, there are a lot of great surfers come from Bali! Very impressive, isn't it?

Tourists love to come here, to Bali too! So I guess Bali is practically one of the biggest economy source for Indonesia too.

So the point of this article is, I'm proud being an Indonesian. Somehow I'm a little ashamed on it because of corruptions and terrorists are spreaded here, but I'm happy that beside of those negative things about my country, Indonesia still has a lot of unique cultures and great phisycal condition.

If you aren't a proud Indonesian, shame on you!

No comments:

Post a Comment